Monday, February 3, 2014

2001

After my recent post linking to an in-depth look at the typography of 2001: A Space Odyssey, I've come across a few other mentions of the movie. Here's a look at the comic version. Yes, there was a comic version. It was pretty faithful when they covered the movie, but the train left the station for Crazytown when they tried to extend the story. Jeff Patterson, one of the hosts on The Three Hoarsemen podcast (you are listening, right?) reworks the original movie. That put me in mind for the trailer which looks at how the movie might be marketed if it were released today. Michael Bay does 2001. God, give me strength.

Addendum: Winchell Chung pointed me towards this earlier graphic rendition of the film. (Now I need to find the Mad Magazine version as well!)

Addendum: The NASA Featured Image for February 7 is Robert McCall's painting of the double-wheeled space station and Orion shuttle from the movie.

1 comment: