Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Double Standards: Tor Books

A wonderful person expressed her opinion on her Facebook page. It was a perfectly legitimate thing to say on her own Facebook page. Nobody really reacted.

A vile scumbag of a person brought this to the attention of her employer. A month later. Said employer publicly scolded her.

Why was she publicly scolded? I can only assume it is because she was a woman.

Where's my proof?

Well...

Where was the public scolding of an male editor who stalked women and endangered them?

I think I missed it.

Where was the public scolding of an male editor who harassed a female author?

I think I missed it.

Where has the public scolding of a senior member of this publishing house who has publicly criticized a number of things, very loudly (and within his rights, but, wait for it), including this same group of scumbags that cause his employer to publicly scold a female employee been?

I think I missed it.

Where was the public scolding of multiple male Tor authors who have made homophobic, racist and sexist remarks in multiple public forums?

I think I missed it.

Shame on you Tor, shame on you.

Addendum: Am I mistaken? Not from what I can see. If I am "mistaken", it appears that I am not alone in this "mistake". Another good bit of commentary: How Tor Failed Social Media 101. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment