Monday, February 1, 2016

The Month in Reading: January

I used to do this in the past and fell out of the habit last year. Let's see how long I can do this in 2016. How was my January?

One goal is to read at least sixty books each year. I only have completed reading two of those (but have plenty "in progress", see that separate list below!). The year always starts off slow and seems to end with more than the goal, so no worries there.

A second goal is to read at least one short work a day during the year. With thirty-one days in January and thirty-one short works read, I think I'm well on the way. The number of works read vs. the number of days in the year eventually will separate. Again, take a look at the "in progress" items below. I'm kind of hoping to read at least most of the magazines I get every month in the month received this year. I didn't make that goal, but I'll keep trying (some of the fiction magazines double up on the months, so maybe I can catch up!).

In progress are: (1) Poul Anderson: The Dancer from Atlantis. (2) Ben Bova and Les Johnson: Rescue Mode. (3) John Brunner: The Jagged Orbit. (4) Eric Flint: 1632. (5) Alexis A. Gilliland: The Revolution from Rosinante. (6) Stanley Karnow: Vietnam. (7) Damon Knight: In Search of Wonder. (8) Fritz Leiber: Smoke Ghost and Other Apparitions. (9) Ellis Peters: A Morbid Taste for Bones. (10) Michael Lewis: The Big Short—Inside the Doomsday Machine. (11) Allen Steele: Sex and Violience in Zero-G: The Complete "Near Space" Stories (Expanded Edition) (Revised Edition). (12) Neal Stephenson: The Diamond Age. (13) Neal Stephenson: Cryptonomicon. (14) Jonathan Strahan: Meeting Infinity. (15) J.R.R. Tolkien: The Hobbit. (16) David Weber, Timothy Zahn, Thomas Pope: A Call to Arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment